Galway: Best of Galway City & Claddagh Walking Tour
- Experience a fully guided tour of Galway City and its top sights
- Explore Galway’s Latin Quarter including Kirwan’s Lane, crammed with medieval highlights
- Visit the 14th-century St. Nicholas’s Church, where Christopher Columbus worshipped
- See Galway’s famous, world-class Druid Theatre
- Discover the Village of Claddagh home of the famous Claddagh ring
Today, the city is one of the most enchanting in Ireland. On this tour, get ready to explore Galway and it’s many historical landmarks, find the city’s charming local spots, and uncover hidden places that you could never discover on your own. On this 2.5–hour walking tour, benefit from the service of an expert, local guide who will shed light on Galway's history. Enjoy over 1,000 years of history brought to life, dramatized in incredible stories.
Trace the medieval city that runs from Eyre Square to the Spanish Arch, the official old city of Galway that is home to the original 13th-century, Anglo-Norman fortress, as well as the intriguing 15th-century Lynch’s Castle. One the finest medieval laneways in Galway, Kirwan’s Lane, located in what is now referred to as the Latin Quarter, is crammed with landmarks that provide the perfect backdrop for an examination of social history, political intrigue, and even a couple of great ghost stories.
Your guide will also share stories of Celtic legends, myth, and folklore. This perfectly-paced walking tour is the best choice for first timers, or for visitors looking to develop a more comprehensive appreciation of the city. Later, stop at the Museum of Galway, packed with incredible artifacts and displays that will further enhance your visit to Galway. The tour will also include a visit to the Village of Claddagh, home of the famous Claddagh ring, a traditional Irish ring which represents love, loyalty, and friendship. The design and customs associated with it originated in this Irish fishing village of the same name.
- Easy access entrance tickets to The Museum of Galway
- Expert English-speaking local guide
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide in front of the 17th-century doorway facing the Bank of Ireland at 43 Eyre Square, Galway, H91 D6X9, Ireland. Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• All participants should be in good health.
• Wheelchairs, motorized scooters, or any other device to assist mobility are not recommended, as it cannot be guaranteed that all footpaths/sidewalks/curbs will have suitable ADA/EU compliant ramps.
• Minimum numbers apply; there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation.
• Changes or cancellations requested less than 24 hours before the tour departure time cannot be accommodated.