Madeira: Guided Hike from Assobiadores to Fanal
- Enjoy Splendid views over the laurel forests of Rabaçal
- Hike to the the plateau "Paul da Serra"
- Discover the fairy-tale forest of Fanal
- See the oldest and most impressive laurel trees in Madeira
Trek straight ahead and discover a valley dominated by besom and tree heaths, as well as Madeira Bilberry. Afterward, cross the road and reach a lovely viewing platform which looks over the forested area of Chão da Ribeira, above Seixal at the north coast of Madeira.
Walk through a patch of the forest thick with ancient trees, mosses, and lichens. Reach the forestry post of Fanal, also known as the fairy tale forest. Savor the magical atmosphere of the enchanting laurel trees.
- Transfer to and from hotels in Calheta, Prazeres, or Ponta do Sol
- Hike with an expert German-speaking hiking guide
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickups from Funchal
Prepare for the activity
Pickup hotels in Calheta, Prazeres, and Ponta do Sol. For hotels in Jardim do Mar or Paul do Mar 10 EUR additional fee will be charged per booking. These are to be paid to the local provider on site.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please bring proper walking boots, enough water, something to eat, a raincoat, and a sun hat.
• This hike lasts approximately 4 hours and is about 14km. The difference in altitude is 300m, and in terms of difficulty is easy/medium.