Madeira Island: Caldeirão Verde Levada Walk
- Take a walk in the World Heritage Laurisilva forest
- Pass through 5 tunnels of natural basaltic rock
- Enjoy the views of the Caldeirão Verde waterfall
This is without doubt one of the most beautiful levadas on Madeira. Located in the Laurissilva forest the highlights of the trail include fantastic views of São Jorge and a series of tunnels of natural basaltic rock.
Start out in the emerald green Queimadas rainforest and enjoy scenic views over villages as you follow alongside the winding levada and through 5 short natural tunnels. When you arrive at Caldeirão Verde you’ll marvel at the majestic waterfall.
- Official mountain guide
- Insurance (required by Portuguese law)
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
- People with claustrophobia
- People with vertigo