Fukuoka: Personalized Experience with a Local
- Enjoy an experience that's fully customised to your interests
- See Fukuoka’s iconic attractions or off the beaten path spots
- Get a unique insider’s perspective as you explore the city with your handpicked guide
- Eat and drink like a local at places that you wouldn't find in a guidebook
- Get tips and tricks from your local for other areas to explore
See the highlights, immerse yourself in the culture and live like a local for a day as you stroll through the city, discovering its rich culture, history and food scene. With your thoughtfully-matched host by your side, skip the tourist traps and see the real Fukuoka like a local.
Fukuoka is known as a gourmet city thanks to its history as a port which was the bridge from Japan to mainland Asia. Discover the city’s unique food culture by eating your way around it. Pick up tasty street food from yatai (mobile food carts) and of course, make a ramen pilgrimage to taste the silky pork bone broth and noodles which is the city’s most famous dish.
As well as visiting the places you’d most like to see, your host will share with you local spots and places of interest to stop by along the way, giving you an authentic insight into local life in Fukuoka. Your guide will also advise you on the best way to spend the following days of your trip, allowing you to discover other attractions in Fukuoka that you will love, reveal hidden gems, and share their favorite spots with you.
- Private and personalised experience
- 2, 4, 6 or 8-hour tour with a local host
- Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place
• Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do
• Your host may suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary