From Hobart: Wineglass Beach Day Trip
Pickup includedPickup is available from central Hobart hotels and backpacker hostels (not AirBnbs). Please ensure this has been organised at the time of booking or well in advance of your tour departure with the operator. See the Voucher Information section for more details.
- See the stunning Freycinet National Park, one of Tasmania's oldest nature reserves
- Relax on the spectacular Wineglass Bay Beach
- Enjoy local delicacies, including oysters and homemade desserts
Make a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm as you enter the peninsula to taste some fresh local oysters from the surrounding waters. Without further ado, get the day's hike underway. Choose to make the first half of the trek to Wineglass Bay Lookout with your guide at a leisurely pace while listening to informative commentary about the area, or hike at your own pace and enjoy the tranquility of the pristine natural surroundings. Get rewarded at the end of the 45-minute uphill trek with views across the bay.
Then make a steep downhill hike to the stunning Wineglass Beach. Walk barefoot along the white sand to the beach's southern end to take in amazing views of the Hazard mountains. Relax, eat lunch, and go for a dip in the clear blue water before making the return hike along the walking trail to meet your guide and head back to Hobart. Stop off on the drive back for homemade ice-cream and other desserts with various jams, sauces, chocolates, and jellies at a local berry farm. Arrive back at your Hobart City accommodation around 6:30 – 7:00 pm.
- National park entrance fee
- Professional guide and commentary
- Small-group tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off from select Hobart locations
- Airport drop offs on request with prior arrangement
- Food and drinks (you may pack your lunch or pick it up at a bakery during the tour)
- Pickup from AirBnB accommodation and private residences
Prepare for the activity
If pickup arrangements are not organized with the tour operator, please make your way to the general pickup location at the Tasmanian Travel & Information Center, 20 Davey Street, Hobart at 7:25 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• All tour participants should be prepared for various weather conditions
• Participants will be educated on Minimal Impact Bushwalking and the Leave No Trace policy before entering the park. Activities are always confined to paths and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
• Hotel pick ups need to be arranged directly with the tour operator prior to departure. Airport drop offs can also be arranged with the operator upon booking.