Chianti: Half-Day Tuscan Pizza and Gelato Making Class
- Learn the techniques to make perfect pizza and gelato in a Tuscan farmhouse
- Make your own pizza and ice cream from scratch
- Discover the history of the Chianti wine region
- Taste the wines of the Chianti wine lands
- Enjoy a pizza and gelato dinner of your own creations
- See the domes of Florence floodlit for the night
Transfer from Florence by comfortable minivan, enjoying beautiful views on the 25-minute drive to a magnificent Renaissance villa in the hills of the Chianti wine region. Marvel at Brunelleschi's dome as you depart the city center and journey through olive groves and vineyards.
Then, take your place around a marble table surrounded by wine barrels. Work the flour to stretch your own pizza with a rolling pin. Prepare a pizza from scratch, working the dough before you load it in the oven. Next, make your own gelato (ice-cream) following a demonstration from the chef.
Once your pizza and ice cream are ready, sit down to a homemade meal, served with wines from the Chianti wine lands. Learn about Chianti wine production over the centuries. After dinner, transfer back to Florence through the gentle hills of Tuscany, and enjoy views of the “Cradle of the Renaissance” floodlit for the night.
- Round-trip transfer from Florence to a villa in Chianti
- Small-group pizza and gelato cooking lesson
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for the pizza and gelato making class
- Dinner, with wine tastings (soft drinks for children)
- Instruction about wine production
- Graduation certificate
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Prepare for the activity
FlorenceTown Tours and Newsstand, Piazza della Repubblica (next to the Apple Store), under the arches on the corner with Via Pellicceria, Florence. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to tour start time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please advise in advance if you have any special requirements or impaired mobility so that measures can be taken to best accomodate them
• This activity is highly recommended for families that wish to teach their children about Italian culture