Florence: Walking Tour with Skip-the-Line Accademia & Uffizi
- Skip the lines to the Accademia and Uffizi galleries, and spend more time inside
- Marvel at Michelangelo’s David in the Accademia and the Renaissance masterpieces inside the Uffizi Gallery
- See the symbol of Florence, the stunning Duomo, from the outside and admire Brunelleschi’s dome and Vasari's frescos
- Appreciate timeless works of art by Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli, Michelangelo, Raphael, and more
- Follow your local expert guide on a half-day tour of Florence’s top sights in a small group of 19 participants
Start the day with Skip-the-Line Access to the Accademia Gallery, home to Michelangelo’s ‘David’. Nothing prepares you for the scale of this sculptural masterpiece. Your guide will help you appreciate the artistry from every angle, including the techniques Michelangelo used to make marble look smooth as butter.
The highlight of the city walking tour is the Florence Cathedral, whose incredible red dome is the city’s crown jewel. As you view the masterpiece from the outside, your guide will explain how the dome was not without challenges for architect Filippo Brunelleschi. Entrance to the Duomo is free to the public, so you can come back at any time to explore the cathedral in more depth, equipped with an abundance of knowledge shared by your expert, local guide.
After a break for lunch (ask your guide for recommendations!), you’ll skip the line once more at the Uffizi Gallery. At the Uffizi you’ll see major works by Botticelli, including the Birth of Venus and Primavera, and signature works of Italian masters including Michelangelo and da Vinci. Your expert guide will tell you about the lives of the artists, architects, and wealthy patrons that contributed to the Gallery’s development. The visit concludes in the Uffizi Courtyard.
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 19 people
- Skip-the-line entry at the Accademia and Uffizi galleries
- Tickets for the Accademia and Uffizi galleries
- Visit Duomo from outside
- Local expert guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- Food and beverages
Prepare for the activity
8:30 AM Departure option. First part: Accademia and walking tour - 8:30 AM Second part: Uffizi gallery tour - 11:15 AM 9:15 AM Departure option. First part: Accademia and walking tour - 9:15 AM Second part: Uffizi gallery tour - 12:00 PM 1:45 PM Departure option. First part: Accademia and walking tour - 1:45 PM Second part: Uffizi gallery tour - 4:30 PM Meeting point - Accademia and walking tour: Meet your guide at San Marco square, Piazza San Marco, in front of the monument to Manfredo Fanti, right in the middle of the square. (Piazza San Marco is located 100 meters from the Accademia and 500 meters from the Duomo of Santa Maria del Fiore.) Meeting point - Uffizi gallery tour: Meet your guide near the Uffizi Gallery, at the end of Piazzale degli Uffizi nearest the Arno River, just at the base of a statue of Galileo Galilei (if you are facing the Arno River, it is the statue in the right corner).Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking, so comfortable shoes are advised
• Guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated on this tour. Strollers or baby carriages cannot be accommodated on group tours