From Florence: Pisa, Lucca, Forte dei Marmi Full-Day Tour
Pickup includedDeparture Point: Pick up and drop off is available from centrally located Florence city hotels.
- Discover the heart of Tuscany in the towns of Pisa, Lucca, Forte dei Marmi during a private full-day tour of these three beautiful and unique cities
- Enjoy being conveniently picked up and dropped off at your hotel
- Relax with a private luxury chauffeured vehicle at your disposal for 11 hours with a friendly English speaking driver
- Admire the historic architecture and artwork in ancient Pisa, walk Lucca's 16th century walls and relax among one of Viareggio's seaside restaurants
Begin your tour of the city with a relaxing walk along a stretch of the city walls and enjoy a wonderful overview of roofs, alleys, tower-houses, wonderful churches and aristocratic palaces of the old city, before moving onto the historical town center close by. Discover Piazza S. Michele in the heart of the city, which features a splendid Basilica in white limestone built between the 12th–14th century. Pass by traditional Italian shops overlooking the squares and narrow roads and reach Piazza del Mercato which was built on the tracks of a Roman amphitheatre dating back to the second century BC.
Following this you will visit the famous Gothic Cathedral of San Martino built in the 11th century and featuring the tomb of Ilaria del Carretto, an artistic masterpiece. After a short journey, you reach the splendid and flat Versilian coast and the seaside town of Viareggio, famous for its beautiful beaches, the wonderful "Liberty" architecture that characterizes many of its buildings and the long and exciting walk along "Viale del Mare" with cafès–chantant, restaurants and shops that are among the most elegant of the coast.
After a short journey, you will then reach the splendid and flat Versilia coast in one of the most famous tourist seaside resort of the Mediterranean sea, attended by aristocrats, celebrities and sports stars: the seaside town of Forte dei Marmi, which stretches along sandy beaches against the backdrop of the magnificent Apuan Alps.
During your free time you can take the occasion to admire the old town, with many elegant shops, high fashion boutiques and outdoor cafes and to walk in the shade of the palm trees on the waterfront, to admire the villas sprouting from the pine forest and the most beautiful beach resorts in the world.
Do not miss the opportunity to try the fragrant seafood in one of the many restaurants along the coast, and during the summer, you can take the occasion for an unforgettable swim in the warm waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea with the spectacular backdrop of the white marble of the Apuan Alps that sparkles in the sun.
In the afternoon, you move inland and reach the famous city of Pisa, heralded by the glittering view of Piazza dei Miracoli, UNESCO heritage, where the peerless masterpieces in marble rise from the green lawn. The famous Leaning Tower, the magnificent Baptistery, the stunning Cathedral, and the Monumental Graveyard, are unforgettable examples of Romanesque architecture from the 12th and 13th centuries.
- Pickup and drop-off at the hotel
- Private luxury chauffeured vehicle at your disposal for 11 hours
- English speaking driver
- Snacks and drinks
Prepare for the activity
• The English speaking driver leads the Customers providing general introductory information. He is not allowed to lead a guided visit inside a city center, nor to provide historical and artistic information inside museums or churches