Florence: Half-Day Private Food Tasting Tour
- Experience the authentic tastes and aromas of Tuscan produce in Florence
- Sample local wines, cheeses and cold meats
- Go to a typical "enoteca" (wine bar) to try 2 different types of wine
- Visit the San Lorenzo Central Market to see the locals shopping for groceris
- Enjoy an authentic Italian gelato at an ice cream shop
Start with a tasting of 2 types of Italian coffee at a typical bar close to Michelangelo’s statue of David in Piazza della Signoria. Next, your guide will introduce you to the typical delicacy of a panino tartufato, a small sandwich served at one of the most respected delis in Florence.
Learn about the Florentine passion for truffles, before going to one of the city’s most popular markets. Join locals as they shop for groceries in San Lorenzo Central Market, stopping to taste balsamic vinegars, extra virgin olive oils, 2 different wines, and some typical crostini (small pieces of grilled bread topped with different cheeses, meats and vegetables).
Next, go to an authentic enoteca to try some Tuscan wines, served with locally-produced cheeses and cold cuts of meat. End with a sweet treat at a gelateria, sampling the most popular ice cream in Florence.
- Italian coffee tasting
- Panino tartufato tasting
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting
- Italian cheese tasting
- Tuscan cold cuts tasting
- Tuscan wine tasting
- Schiacciata fiorentina tasting
- Ice cream tasting
- Tips and personal expenses