From Florence: Parmesan and Balsamic Vinegar Factory Tour
Pickup includedYour hotel in Florence
- Visit a ‘caseficio’ and learn how parmesan cheese is made
- Visit a traditional food market and enjoy a Lambrusco wine tasting
- Learn about the production of balsamic vinegar and sample some "black gold"
Afterward, make your way to Modena and pay a visit to the traditional food market. Inside the market, enjoy a Lambrusco wine tasting accompanied by traditional Modena ham and more. Fall in love with this sweet frizzante wine that has become a symbol of the Modena province. Then stop for lunch in a typical Modenese trattoria and enjoy an authentically prepared 3-course Italian meal served with a fantastic Lambrusco wine. After lunch, take a “passeggiata” (leisurely walk) around the streets of Modena. Car lovers can pay a visit to the Enzo Ferrari Museum of Modena.
Next, head to an Acetaia (balsamic vinegar factory) where you will have a private tour of the cellars. Receive a full explanation of the vinegar making process, from the pressing of the grapes and cooking the wort in the boiler, to the filtration and mixing. You will also have the opportunity to taste the balsamic vinegar “Tradizionale” and “Extravecchio”, before heading back to Florence.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tour guide
- Wine tasting
- Balsamic vinegar tasting
- Parmegiano Reggiano cheese tasting
- People with mobility impairments
- People with claustrophobia
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes