Florence: San Lorenzo Food, Wine, and Sightseeing Tour
- Eat in at least 7 "foodie stops"
- Learn about the rich culture and culinary tradition with a fully licensed English-speaking tour guide
- Enjoy the most beautiful squares and churches in Florence
While treating your taste buds, you will also indulge your heart and soul as you admire some of the most important Florentine masterpieces. Your guide will tell you the story of the famous Medici family, who had the incredible merit to attract to Florence the best minds of their times. This in turn helped to give birth to the Italian Renaissance. You will be astonished by the marvel of the St. Mary of the Flowers, the Gates of Paradise, and Giotto’s Bell Tower. Brunelleschi was known in Florence to have made people believe in things that did not exist, and the construction of this dome sparked years of debate on what was the “magic trick” which provided the result that lay in front of everyone.
Last but not least, you will literally fall in love for the magnificent Santa Croce Square and its Franciscan church. Despite the vast size and the swarms of tourists, this is a touchingly intimate place, perhaps out of respect for the illustrious Italian people buried here. Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, the poet Foscolo, the philosopher Gentile and the composer Rossini all rest here, and it is this collection of famous bodies that has helped give this church the nickname "the Temple of the Italian Glories".
- English-speaking tour guide
- Food and beverages
- Small-group tour (with a maximum of 14 participants)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop off, and transportation to and from the attractions
Prepare for the activity
• This tour is not suitable for those on gluten-free diets