Assisi and Perugia Guided Day Tour with Chocolate Tasting
- Take a guided walk in medieval Assisi, the birthplace of San Francesco
- Chocolate tasting in Perugia
- Explore the Etruscan monuments in historic Perugia
Depart early in the morning from Florence and you’ll first reach Assisi, San Francesco’s birthplace, a village that stands on the top of a hill overlooking a picturesque valley surrounded by gentle slopes and vineyards. Following in San Francisco and Santa Chiara’s footsteps, you will be guided along winding streets and alleyways to the historical and artistic treasures of this Medieval town.
In the superb Basilica of San Francesco d’Assisi, gazing at Giotto’s frescoes of San Francesco’s life, you will learn the history of this important spiritual centre. There will be some free time to stroll around and relax in this enchanting atmosphere. Then the itinerary will continue with Perugia where you’ll have the opportunity to stroll through the old town in search of ‘springs and fountains’, ‘beautiful views’, ‘Etruscan walls and doors’, ‘parks and gardens’ through trails that wind between the five historic districts of the city: Porta Sole, Porta Sant’Angelo, Porta Santa Susanna, Eburnea Gate and Porta San Pietro.
The city, founded by the Etruscans, is rich in history and monuments, including La Fontana Maggiore, which is one of the main monuments in the city and a crucial example of medieval sculpture, the Etruscan Arch of Augustus, which is the largest monument among Etruscan remains, the gateway of the Etruscan walls, the Palazzo dei Priori and the Rocca Paolina. Perugia is also known as the chocolate city, so a chocolate tasting will delight even more your visit.
Afterwards enjoy a pleasant ride back to Florence where the tour will end.
- Transportation by minivan or GT coach with air conditioning
- Expert multi-lingual escorts
- Guided tour of Assisi with a professional guide
- Admission to the Church of San Francesco
- Admission to the Church of Santa Chiara
- Santa Maria Degli Angeli visit
- Free time in Assisi
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• Meet your guide at Villa Costanza, Florence Coach Station. You can easily reach the meeting point by riding on the T1 Leonardo tramway in the direction of Villa Costanza (you have to get off at Villa Costanza stop which is also the end of the line). • The tram ride is around 20 min from city center and you can choose the nearest stop from you. • Upon arrival, your guide will be waiting for you wearing a green uniform with the local partner's logo.Open in Google Maps ⟶