From Fez: Volubilis Moulay Idriss & Meknes Full-Day Trip
Pickup includedYour accommodation in Fez
- Visit the historic Roman city of Volubilis and explore the ruins
- Admire the views at Moulay Idriss, the holy city of Morocco
- Explore the Bab Khemis, Bab Mansour, and more in Meknes
- Stroll through the Medina in Meknes and eat lunch at a local restaurant
- Enjoy round-trip private transportation from your hotel in Fez
Arrive at Volubilis, the famous well-preserved Roman city. Learn about the history and culture of the Romans by exploring the ruins of the Arch of Caracalla, Basilica, and the Capitoline Temple. Spend some free time to stroll around on your own and capture more amazing photos. Hop back into the car, and drive towards your next stop, the holy Islamic town in Moulay-Idriss. Find out how this settlement was built by Moulay Idriss I. Admire the panoramic views, elongated squares, and the green-tiled pyramids of the Zaouia as you stroll through a labyrinth of clean alleyways.
Next, continue on to Meknes where you will stop for lunch in a local restaurant. After you've eaten, start your tour of Meknes. See the ancient city walls and monumental gates which date back to the 17th-century. Admire the Royal Palace, Berdaïne Bab, and Bab Khemis. Then head over to the Africa Bab Mansour and El Heri es-Souan, huge granaries and stables built by Moulay Ismail's soldiers. Make a stop in the Moulay Ismail Mausoleum, which for a long time was the only mosque which non-Muslims were allowed to visit in Morocco. Visit the Place-El-Hedim monument before making your return trip back to Fez where you will be dropped off back at your accommodation.
- Private tansportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel/riad in Fez
- Professional English and French-speaking driver
- Mineral water
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees to historical sites
- Personal items