West Highland Lochs, Mountains & Castles Tour from Edinburgh
- Visit the picturesque and typically Scottish township of Inveraray
- See stunning lochs like Awe and Fyne
- Explore the ruins of Inveraray Castle
- Travel the "Rest and Be Thankful" route
After lunch we drive further into the Highlands, stopping to view one of the most photographed castles in Scotland, Kilchurn Castle, jutting into beautiful Loch Awe and stunningly framed by the surrounding mountains. Then it’s on to Inveraray, a quaint small town built in the mid-18th century, on the shore of Loch Fyne. Explore the town and pick up some Highland souvenirs, or pay an optional visit to Inveraray Castle (April to October only), the historic home of the Duke of Argyll, chief of the Clan Campbell, which is set in large beautiful gardens overlooking Loch Fyne.
We now start our homeward journey, driving over the Arrochar Alps, an attractive range of mountains, with a brief pause near the top of the Rest and Be Thankful Pass. A little later we reach enchanting Loch Lomond, where we stop at the pretty lochside village of Luss before returning to Edinburgh.
*Inveraray Castle open Apr-Oct, alternatives offered Nov-March
- Tour with an experienced, friendly, and knowledgeable driver and guide
- Meals and optional extras (i.e. visitor attraction entrance fees to Doune Castle & Inveraray Castle)
- Children under 5 years
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• An alternative location will be offered from October to March
• Unfortunately, children under the age of 5 cannot be accommodated