Loch Lomond, Kelpies, and Stirling Castle Small-Group Tour
2019 GetYourGuide Award Winner
Recognizing the best experiences for travelers worldwide. Learn more
- Visit Stirling Castle, site of great battles and known as the "Key to Scotland"
- Explore the land of Braveheart's William Wallace
- Discover "Scotland in Miniature" at the Trossachs
- Go on a nature trail walk beside Loch Lomond
- Drive through the beautiful landscape of Loch Lomond National Park
- Discover Scottish history in Rob Roy country
- View the Kelpies: the largest pair of horse sculptures in the world
On the way to Loch Lomond you stop at the Kelpies Monument. These two horses’ heads stand as a testament to the horse power that drove the industrial development of Central Scotland.
From here you head to the shores of Loch Lomond, which is Scotland’s largest loch and is protected as Scotland’s first National Park.
This is the perfect place to enjoy a walk along the ‘bonny banks’ and take in fantastic views of the mountains. This tranquil area was once the home of Scotland’s famous highland folk hero, Rob Roy MacGregor. By spending time on the trails by the loch you’ll be walking in the footsteps of one of Scotland’s greatest legends.
You then head into the Trossachs or ‘The Highlands in Miniature’, where the Lowlands meet the Highlands. Steep mountains, shimmering lochs, and thick forests: this area is stunning.
You stop for lunch in the heart of the National Park then continue to the city of Stirling where you can visit one of Scotland’s most magnificent castles. You can choose to take in the views from inside and understand why this castle was so instrumental in Scottish history.
From here our short journey back to Edinburgh passes the Kelpies once again before arriving back in the capital.
- Air-conditioned mini coach transportation
- Entrance fee to Stirling Castle
Prepare for the activity
• You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on the tour. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items