Isle of Skye Small Group 3-Day Tour from Edinburgh
- Soak up the romantic atmosphere of the Isle of Skye
- Drive through dramatic mountain scenery at Glencoe
- Enjoy stunning cliff-top views at Kilt Rock and Neist Point
- Tour the Quiraing Mountain Pass
- Stay in the pretty harbor town of Portree
- Spot the Loch Ness Monster
- Enjoy an intimate group atmosphere with a maximum of 16 passengers
Depart Edinburgh by luxury Mercedes minibus at 08.30 and travel west, passing Linlithgow Palace, the birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots. Continue towards Stirling with its imposing castle and views of the Wallace Monument.
You will pass Doune Castle, movie location for scenes from Monty Python's infamous "Holy Grail," before stopping at the edge of the Highlands for refreshments. As you drive into the Highlands you will pass Loch Luibnaig, Loch Earn, Crianlarich and Tyndrum, stopping for lunch along the way.
Drive north through Glencoe, scene of the great massacre of the Clan Macdonald in 1692. Continue to Fort William and up to the Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge, offering magnificent views over Ben Nevis.
Next you will take the "Road to the Isles," through the splendor of the 5 Sisters of Kintail, the mountains that guard the pass to the Isle of Skye.
Stop to visit the famous Eilean Donan Castle, used in the film "Highlander" and located at the junction of 3 lochs as protection against Viking raiders. Crossing over the bridge to Skye, you head north to Portree where you will be dropped off at your accommodation.
Enjoy an evening and dinner at leisure, exploring the town’s Gaelic attractions and harborside.
You will spend the day on the Isle of Skye with flexible arrangements. There are many possibilities, depending on the weather, and the dynamics of your group. Your driver/ guide's local knowledge will come to the fore to arrange the best day for everyone.
You could travel north to explore the Trotternish Peninsula with its stunning Quiraing mountain pass and some of Skye's extraordinary geological scenery.
Or head to Kilt Rock, composed of basalt columns that are reminiscent of the pleats in a kilt. Enjoy the magic of the waterfall, cascading over cliffs and down into the sea below.
Take a short break for lunch, before continuing to explore this most dramatic of islands. Head in a westerly direction to Dunvegan castle, the ancestral home of Clan Macleod, or enjoy spectacular views at Neist Point, the most westerly point of Skye.
Return you to your accommodation in Portree in the early evening to enjoy dinner and the rest of the evening at leisure.
Your driver will collect your from your accommodation and head south through the Cuillin Hills, back over to the mainland for stunning views over Loch Duich and the 5 Sisters of Kintail.
Move on to Loch Ness for lunch. Look out for "Nessie," the mysterious monster that has haunted and confounded visitors since the 1950s. Head south through the Grampian Mountains along Loch Laggan, famous as the location for the TV miniseries "Monarch of the Glen," before passing Dalwhinnie, home to Scotland's highest whisky Distillery.
You will pause for refreshments at Blair Castle, before heading back to Edinburgh via Perth and over the extraordinary Forth Road Bridge.
- Tour transport in a 16-seat minibus
- 2-night accommodation in a B&B
- Entrance fees
Prepare for the activity
Rabbie's Cafe, 6 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3EG. From September 2, 2019 to September 12, 2019 (inclusive), tours will departure from St. Andrew's and St George's West Church, 13 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PA.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Transportation by top of the range 16-seat Mercedes minicoach for a more personal experience
• It is recommend you bring suitable clothing and footwear for your tour
• Accommodation: Choose from a selection of small, locally owned guesthouses and B&Bs in the village of Portree. All rooms are en suite. The guesthouses may be up to 20 minutes walk from the village center and some are located up a fairly steep hill. For individual travelers please select the single accommodation option. For 2 or more people travelling together please choose the twin room shared option
• Minimum age to participate is 5 years
• You're restricted to 14 kg (31lbs) of luggage per person. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items