From Edinburgh: Loch Ness and the Highlands Day Tour
- Enjoy the diverse landscape of the Scottish Highlands, with Glens, Bens, Moors, Lochs and 2 National Parks: the Trossachs and the Cairngorms
- Stop in the quaint villages of Callander and Pitlochry
- Look out for Nessie while taking a cruise of Loch Ness
- See Highland Cows
- Fall in love with Glencoe and the Ben Nevis
Afterwards, get back on the bus and head through hills, mountains, and glens, as well as the wild Rannoch Moor. Around here you may be able to spot the locations from various films such as Outlander, Skyfall, and Harry Potter.
Next, you will pass through Fort William, where you will see the spectacular Ben Nevis, the tallest mountain in the British Isles. From there reach Fort Augustus, where if you are lucky enough, you’ll catch a glimpse of Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster. In this picturesque village, you’ll have 2 hours of free time where you can take the opportunity to stroll along the Caledonian Canal, grab some lunch, and take the optional boat cruise from Fort Augustus.
On route to the next location, stop at the Commando Memorial, travel along the banks of Loch Laggan and its dam, before finally entering the Cairngorms National Park.
On the way back, as you re-enter Edinburgh from the North, you will be met with views of three spectacular bridges, from three different centuries which span the Firth of Forth, connecting the Capital city and the Kingdom of Fife.
By 08:00 PM you will be back in the Edinburgh New Town.
- Coach transportation
- Attraction entrance fees
- All other optional extras (payable on the day of travel)
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Children over 6 years old are welcome on this tour and children aged between 6-14 yrs are eligible for the concessionary rate
• Children under 6 are not permitted on this tour
• A small amount of walking is involved. This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• The duration of the tour is approximate, and depends on traffic and weather conditions
• The tour is subject to a minimum of 4 participants