Edinburgh: Mary, Queen of Scots Private Day Tour
Pickup includedPlease supply your hotel name and address once booking is confirmed.
- Meander through Edinburgh's Old Town
- Walk down the charming, yet vibrant Royal Mile
- Get stunning views of Edinburgh Castle
- Visit Linlithgow Palace, birthplace to Mary, Queen of Scots
- See Blackness Castle, the filming location of the biopic movie
Afterwards, head to John Knox's House where John Knox planned and schemed to overthrow the queen. Notice that just underneath the house was where Mary’s favourite jeweller lived. Visit another location of tumultuous history where the queen's husband, Lord Darnley was murdered, now the New College if Edinburgh.
Depending on the time of year, visit Falkland Palace to see where Mary used to play tennis. Go to Craigmillar Castle, where the queen was housed when she was unwell and may have plotted to have her husband murdered. Visit Blackness Castle and learn how it was used as a filming location.
During your tour, take the opportunity to have lunch at a pub that dates back to 1316.
- Hotel or cruise ship pickup and drop-off
- Luxury transportation service
- Tour guide
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Rain gear
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Food and drinks