Edinburgh Castle: Skip-the-Line Guided Tour
- Save time with a speedy skip-the-line entry
- Visit all of the most important sights in the Castle complex with your expert guide
- Learn many of the Castle's hidden histories before setting off to explore yourself
Once inside your guide will walk you through the Castle complex sharing their in-depth knowledge of all the Castle's main buildings and attractions, including, but not limited to, the Argyle Battery and One O'clock Gun, the Hospital Square and Western Panorama, the Castle dungeons and military prison, the Black Banquet and Thomas Randolph's daring castle raid, St Margret's Chapel, Mons Meg, the Crown Square and The Honors of Scotland.
Please note that whilst the tour guide will walk you around the castle grounds and take you through the 3,000 yeas worth of castle history, they cannot take you into any of the castle museums. When the tour ends, you will be left to explore the various castle buildings and museums at your own leisure - hopefully with more knowledge than if you had simply arrived on your own!
- Entrance ticket
- Skip-the-line entry into the castle
- Guided tour
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Outside Caffè Nero on the Royal Mile beside the statue of Adam Smith, 192 High Street, EH1 1RF. Look for the green and white umbrellas. This tour does not depart from the castle.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• "Scotland has two seasons, June and winter!" - Billy Connolly. This tour takes place outside so please dress appropriately for the glorious Scottish climate
• Please note that children aged 15 and under will not be able to join the tour unless accompanied by a responsible adult