City Sightseeing Edinburgh: 24-Hour Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
- Tour Edinburgh at your own pace with a 24-hour ticket for the hop-on and hop-off bus
- Compare the Old Town with the elegant Georgian New Town
- Jump off at Edinburgh Castle and get great city views
- Explore the historic Grassmarket
- Stroll down Princes Street and shop in the lovely stores
- Go to Castle Rock
- Stop off at Holyroodhouse
- Have endless fun at Our Dynamic Earth
- See Nelson's Monument and the Old Observatory
- Visit the National Museum of Scotland and the National Gallery
Hear about the hangings that took place in the Grassmarket as you marvel at the impenetrable Castle Rock above you, and hear about historic attempts to capture Edinburgh Castle. Drive along the Royal Mile, which joins Edinburgh Castle to the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Use the 24-hour ticket to hop-on and off as you please. With great visitor attractions, museums, galleries, and restaurants to suit every taste and budget, Edinburgh's got it all! Buses run every 10-20 minutes, making the following loop:
Tour stops at: Waverley Bridge, Lothian Road, Grassmarket, Lauriston Place, Johnston Terrace, Lawnmarket, Chambers Street, John Knox House, Canongate, Holyrood, Our Dynamic Earth, Regent Road, Hanover Street and Market Street.
- 24-hour hop-on hop-off bus ticket
- Multilingual audio commentary
- Attraction Tickets
When you get there
All year round excluding 25th December
First Tour: 9:15 AM daily
Last Tour: 7:00 PM (July/Aug/Sep)
6:00 PM (April/May/June, October)
5:00 PM (Jan/Feb/Mar, Nov/Dec)
Full mobility facilities on all tour buses, and a subtitled screen downstairs for those who are hard of hearing.
Throughout the summer, Edinburgh is a busy Festival City with diversions and road closures for parades and events on the main route together with Tram works that affect Princes Street. Please check the route on the day with Edinburgh Bus Tour staff.