Milan: Skip-the-Line Tour of the Duomo and Terraces
- Learn about the construction of Milan’s renowned cathedral
- Enjoy amazing views of the Terraces and the city of Milan
- Admire the beautiful stained glass windows and sculptures
The Church of Santa Tecla was built during the 4th century and demolished in the Middle Ages to make space for the cathedral. The site was discovered by archeologists in 1961.
You’ll see a magnificent example of early octagonal construction with the Baptistery and learn about the life in Milan during the Roman era, when the city was the capital of the Empire.
Enter the cathedral and you’ll be standing inside the most iconic monument of the city of Milan and one of the largest churches in the world. With its 3,400 statues, 55 stained glass windows, spectacular altars and paintings, the Duomo is the most important example of Gothic style in northern Italy.
The elevator takes you up to the roof, where you’ll see the spires and sculptures from up close. Climb the 50 steps to reach the highest terraces and take a walk near the main spire, where the golden statue of the Virgin is located.
Enjoy magnificent views of the city and discover monuments and landmarks with your guide. On clear days, you’ll even be able to see the Alps!
- Guided Tour of the Duomo and Duomo Terraces by a skilled guide of the Education Department of the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo
- Pass with access to all areas of the historical complex: Duomo Museum, San Gottardo Church, archeological area to visit at your own pace
- Radioguide and headset
- Skip-the-line admission to the Duomo and Terraces
- Gadget (if donation selected in add-ons)
- Milan Duomo gift pin
- 10% discount at the official bookshop (products of the “Adopt a Spire" line and books already on sale are excluded from the promotion)
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Sleeveless shirts
- Glass objects
• Be prepared to go through airport-style security checks
• Please dress appropriately for entering a sacred place
• Tickets are valid until the end of the year purchased, and you can collect them at Duomo Info Point ticket office
• Choose to become a donor to preserve the Cathedral’s eternal beauty and get a free gadget (donations to be paid as an add-on)
• Guided tours cannot be rescheduled
• For use of the mandatory whispers, a valid identity card, passport or driving licence must be deposited