Howth: 6-Hour Guided Tour from Dublin
- Enjoy the stunning views on a Howth cliff walk
- Visit the medieval ruins
- See “Ireland’s Eye,” an uninhabited island north of Howth
From pre-history to modern times the wild rocky peninsula has seen some of the most crucial events and bloody battles that have shaped Irish history. The incredible views of Dublin and nearby islands will take your breath away.
On this 6-hour guided tour see mysterious Neolithic stones standing alongside medieval ruins and 18th-century coastal defenses. The relics of past invaders are set against the backdrop of dramatic scenery and wildlife. Be on the lookout for guillemots, eagles, seals and more on a spectacular cliff-top walk.
Howth is noted for its fresh fish and seafood and some of the best Irish pubs you’re likely to visit anywhere.
Sturdy footwear is advised, as you’ll be exploring the countryside on foot, rather than sitting on a bus.
- Tour guide
- Transportation costs
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Please ensure that you are wearing suitable footwear (ie. no heels or flip flops) and that you have a suitable level of fitness for this type of activity
• Unfortunately this tour is not recommended for pushchairs, for those in wheelchairs or for those less able to walk unassisted
• The tour ends in Howth Village around 3:00 PM, close to the train station. You can return with your guide to Dublin City Center or stay in Howth at your leisure.
• Your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group