Dubai: Fossil Red Dunes & Camel Rock Safari with BBQ
Pickup includedPickup and drop-off are available to and from Port Rashid, and hotels and apartments within Dubai. Pickup and drop-off is available to Bab Al Shams, Jebel Ali, Sport-Motor City, and Al Maha Resort at an additional cost, otherwise a nearby meeting point can be arranged.
- Marvel at the Fossil Rocks, which was a seabed 80 million years ago
- Test your courage with sand surfing on the desert dunes
- Feel the thrills and chills of red dunes bashing drive
- Enjoy a barbecue dinner in a Bedouin desert camp
- Take part in an evening camel trek with splendid sunset views
Red dunes adventure time; as soon as your 4x4 is ready, proceed for a dune bashing drive. Feel the excitement mounts as your safari driver rides the 4x4 over those steep dunes for 35-45 minutes. Marvel the sights of Fossil and Camel rocks. For more thrills take a sandboarding ride on the desert dunes.
Next, drive to Al Khayma camp in Dubai desert. Get seated in your own Khayma and experience the Arabic culture and hospitality by having Arabic coffee, dates and sweets. It’s then time for an evening camel ride — enjoy the beautiful views while riding across the desert terrains. Head back to camp where you can experience henna body painting, smoke a shisha pipe to get into the Bedouin spirit, put on an Arabic costume, get a photo of yourself with a falcon on your hand, and be entertained by the traditional Tanoura dance on stage. Once you've worked up an appetite, you will then enjoy a barbecue buffet dinner followed by desserts, before watching the Belly dance shows later on.
You will then be driven back to your hotel/accommodation at the end of the tour.
- Pickup and drop off
- Transportation by air-conditioned 4x4 vehicle (Land Cruiser/Jeep)
- Licensed safari driver
- Dune bashing
- Henna painting
- A short camel ride (repeatable)
- Shisha pipe
- Tanura and belly dance show
- Unlimited water and soft drinks
- BBQ meal
- Arabian makeover and photo with Falcon
- Quad Bike (optional and your safari guide will help you to get it)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Children under 3 years
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Oversize luggage
• Drop-off time may vary
• Pregnant women & those with back/neck pain may not participate
• Infants under 3 years old are not allowed in the car during dune bashing. Please book a private option so they can participate without dune bashing
• The Fossil Rock Dunes are extremely high and are not recommended for people who get car sick or are over 60 years old.
• Please do not eat for 3 hours before the tour
• Pickup/drop-off are available to and from Port Rashid, and hotels and apartments within Dubai. Pickup/drop-off is available to Bab Al Shams, Jebel Ali, Sport-Motor City, and Al Maha Resort at an additional cost, otherwise, a nearby meeting point can be arranged.
• Tanoura and belly dancing are unavailable during the following holidays: Nov 9, 2019, Mar 22, 2020, April 22, 2020, Jul 30, 2020, Aug 20, 2020, Oct 29, 2020 (dates may vary depending on UEA lunar calendar).