Porto: Douro Valley Wine Tour with Lunch
Pickup includedPick up at your hotel or private adress in Porto downtown.
- Spend the day exploring the wine region of the Douro Valley
- Visit 3 vineyards and enjoy a wine tasting at each one
- Sit down to a delicious Portuguese meal at a local Portuguese restaurant
- Enjoy a personalized experience on this small-group tour
Once in the Douro Valley you will visit a beautiful small winery, starting with a guided tour to understand the essence of Port Wine. You will learn of its main styles, as well as what makes it different from any other wine. You will be free to take a picture of the traditional "lagar", which is used to manually stomp the grapes. You will also learn how the wine ages in small oak barrels as well as the larger oak vats.
Next, join a wine tasting session and try some of the best local wines in the company of an expert guide who will tell you all you need to know about each wine. Following this you will be driven to an amazing local restaurant by the riverside, where a typical lunch will be served. You can taste traditional Portuguese flavors with DOC Douro wine, while conversing with fellow people from your small-group tour.
Continuing the itinerary, you will head to the second small winery whilst receiving some of the most amazing views of the region. Your visit follows the same pattern as the first stop, but of course, the wine will change. You will start touring with a local guide, followed by a special wine tasting of 4 different wines. Last but not least, you will pay a visit to a third winery in the small village of Pinhão. Here you will receive a super special tasting of a vintage Port, with a scenic view over the Douro Valley by the riverside. At the conclusion of your tour, you will be returned back to your accommodation in Porto by 6:30PM.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional tour guide
- Visit to 3 wineries
- 10 wine tastings (Port Wine and DOC Douro)
- Special vintage Port tasting
- Lunch at a restaurant by the riverside
- Local olive oil tasting
- Visit to the railway station in Pinhão
- Bottled water
Prepare for the activity
• The Douro Valley's temperature is very high in the summer and cold in the winter (therefore light clothes in summer and warm clothes in the winter are recommended)
• There is the possibility of vegetarian or gluten free meals when requested in advance
• Pickups may start before 8:30AM, it is therefore recommended to have breakfast before 8:00AM or to bring a snack
• This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers