Heraklion Foodies Feast: Half-Day Small-Group Tour
- Experience real Cretan food at 8 stops away from the tourist crowds
- Become a cheese-tasting expert by learning how to spot the best local cheeses
- Savor Heraklion’s popular bougatsa
- Enjoy a glass of local wine and learn about the process from harvest to bottle
Start out with a traditional Greek coffee and then savor Heraklion’s famous bougatsa, a pastry filled with semolina custard, cheese or minced meat.
Leave the historic center to visit a local market. Sample olives, rusks, and cheese. Taste the island’s famous olive oil as well.
Enjoy a local meat dish and finish the food tour by trying local wine at a family-run shop.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food and drink samples (coffee, rusks, olives, cheese, pastries, traditional sweets, local wine/spirit tasting, meats)
- Additional food and drinks
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for the guide
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is Eleftherias Square, in the city center. This is the main square in Heraklion, near the Archaeological Museum, the Astoria Hotel, the Prefecture and the Gate of Saint George. Your guide will be holding a sign with the local tour operator's name on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• This is a child-friendly tour
• This tour can be customized to cater for dietary needs at your request. Please indicate if you have any allergies or other dietary requests when booking