Copenhagen: Roskilde, Frederiksborg & Kronborg Day Tour
Pickup includedFree pick-up from hotels in Copenhagen available on request. Unfortunately pickup is not possible from hotels near the airport. Please contact vendor after booking.
- Delve into the history of Denmark on a scenic tour of royal castles and Viking ships
- Soak up the romantic setting of Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød
- Visit Shakespeare's Elsinore at Kronborg Castle
- See the burial sites of Danish kings and queens at Roskilde Cathedral
- Discover old Viking ships and reconstructed models at the Viking Ship Museum
Roskilde Cathedral (guided tour)
Viking Ship Museum (guided tour)
Frederiksborg Palace (visit)
Kronborg Castle (guided tour)
Ideal for those who want to explore further than the city center to see as much as possible of historic Denmark, but are short of time, you will travel in a small group for a more personalized experience.
The tour includes time to explore the imposing exteriors and interiors of Frederiksborg and Kronborg castles, the latter set on the banks of the Sund between Denmark and Sweden, and most notable as the site of Elsinore in Shakespeare’s “Hamlet.” Soak up the romantic setting of Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød, surrounded by a beautiful lake and gardens.
The guide will take you to Roskilde to visit Roskilde Cathedral, burial site of 39 Danish kings and queens, including Ingrid of Sweden, spouse of Denmark’s Frederick IX, father of the current Queen Margrethe II.
The last stop on your tour will be the Viking Ship Museum to see rebuilt models and excavated ships from the days when the Vikings rampaged their way - and conquered - much of Western Europe and the North Atlantic.
Please note, that between November and March and most of April, the tour does not include a visit to the Cathedral's interior but rather a walk around the impressive structure and an introduction to the Cathedral's place in history.
- Pick-up and drop off from the cruise harbor or from most hotels in the inner city
- Entrance fees
- Information brochure
- Knowledgeable driver, who will tell you all you need to know about the sites and history of Denmark
- Lunch (organized at a very nice, but inexpensive, café where you order your own food)
- Pickup from hotels near the airport and a few other exceptions
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• The tours are done in small groups of maximum 16 people
• Tours are semi-guided meaning that the guide will drive you to each site and provide all the background information that you need. The guide will walk you around Roskilde Cathedral and Kronborg Castle. At the other sites you walk around at your own pace
• Audio guides are available at Frederiksborg Palace and you can, of course, ask the driver any questions you like. All guides are local academics with a very solid knowledge of the country and its history as well as the details of the sites
• Unfortunately, this tour is not suited for people with mobility problems due to many steep stairs and long walking distances
• Please contact the tour operator after booking to confirm pick-up
• Pick-ups are offered from most city center hotels. Upon booking, send through your hotel details and request a pick-up