Lisbon: Private Knights Templar Tour
Pick-up serviceYou will be collected from your accommodations in Lisbon.
- See Almourol Castle, a beautiful castle built in the middle of the Tagus River
- Encounter the Santa Maria dos Olivais Church
- See the Convent of Christ, the best example of Medieval military engineering
- Walk through the historical center of Tomar, home to the oldest Synagogue in Portugal
Next up on your tour is the Convent of Christ. The entrance of the convent is made through a portico, an authentic sculpture by João and Diogo de Castilho. This Convent crosses times and artistic languages that travel through Romanesque, Gothic, Manueline, Renaissance, Baroque, and has been a Unesco World Heritage Site since 1983.
In the center of Tomar, you will be able to visit the oldest Portuguese Synagogue. Its roof is supported by 4 columns representing the mothers of Israel: Sarah, Rachel, Rebecca and Leah, and is linked by 12 arches, symbolizing the 12 tribes of Israel. At the conclusion of your tour, you will be returned back to Lisbon.
- Exclusive driver/guide
- Entrances to the Convent of Christ
- Bottled water
- Personal accident insurance
- Entrance fees