Melides: Horse Riding on the Beach with Wine Tasting
- Enjoy horse riding on the dunes and through the pine forest of Melides
- Learn about the local coastal flora and fauna
- Explore a peaceful, spacious beach
Pass through dunes and pine forest of the protected area of Melides. Ride along a beach that stretches out for over 60 kilometers with the ocean at your side. After the beach, you will ride close to the Melides freshwater lagoon, where you will be able to spot a variety of bird species.
If selected, at the end of your activity, enjoy a wine tasting session of three different types of wine produced in the region or a barbecue lunch. You can also opt to book a private instructor and enjoy a memorable day with a group of your friends or family.
- Horseback ride
- Wine tasting (if option selected)
- BBQ lunch (if option selected)
- Private instructor (if option selected)
Prepare for the activity
When arriving in Melides by car, pass by the exit for Melides and continue straight. Take the exit for Cemitério on the right. Continue straight on a dirt road for 5 km. After seeing a 20 km sign, you are close, so continue to keep straight. After about 200 m, you will see the sign for "Passeios a Cavalo na praia" on your right. Pass through the gate and continue straight where a few meters ahead you can park your car. GPS coordinates: 38°08'20.7"N, 8°46'49.1"WOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable clothes
• This activity is weather dependent. If canceled due to adverse weather conditions, an alternative date or full refund will be offered
• No prior experience is required for horseback riding, as the horses are extremely calm and gentle