Portland: Columbia River Gorge 3-Hour Small Group Tour
Pickup includedUnless a rental is being used, customers should look for a black Mercedes Sprinter in front of their pickup location in Portland.
- Photograph spectacular vistas
- Hike to fairytale waterfalls
- Drive the historic Columbia River Highway
- Get a glimpse of the 5th largest freestanding monolith in the world
You'll have 15 minutes to spend inside the Vista House, the fanciest rest stop in the world. It was built in 1918, and provides interpretive displays and sublime views. Be careful—sometimes the wind gusts to 160 km/h (100 mph).
Stop and do a short and easy hike at a cathedral waterfall. You'll feel as if you're in a fairy tale as you walk through rainforest and discover a magnificent rock formation harboring an elegant waterfall and fluorescent-yellow lichen. As you walk through the rainforest, your guide will highlight some of the plants and animals you'll see along the way.
As you drive the Historic Columbia River Highway Scenic Byway, inspired by the Axenstrasse in the Swiss Alps, admire the towering basalt cliffs as you make additional waterfall stops. Explore the tallest waterfall in Oregon during a 30-minute stop at Multnomah Falls, where you can walk up to the Benson Bridge, visit the interpretive center, or peruse the gift shop. Afterwards, you’ll head back to Portland to be dropped off at your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within the city of Portland
- PA system to hear the tour guide clearly
- Bottled water
- Cold weather clothing
- Gratuities (always appreciated)
Prepare for the activity
• Your tour will take place in a small group of no more than 11 participants.