Cobh: 3-Hour Cultural Tour Plus
Pickup includedMeeting point will be at the front of the Commodore Hotel, Westbourne Place Cobh County Cork Ireland. Let reception know when you arrive.
- Hear the amazing insights of Dr. Michael Martin of the maritime and social heritage of Titanic and her last port
- Explore the town's original building monuments and history delivered in an accurate and entertaining narrative
- Learn about the difficult conditions and historical injustices of the emigrants and convicts sailing from Cork Harbor
The scheduled 11:00 Titanic Trail Walking Tour will take approximately 1-hour and explores the many buildings and monuments of Cobh reflecting the rich maritime history of the town. Places and stories closely associated with events such as the final departure of Titanic's last passengers, the tide of emigration from Ireland and the sinking of the Lusitania will all be explored and explained from the fascinating doctoral level research of Michael Martin, author and creator of the tour.
The Queenstown Story Heritage Center will trace the history of emigration to North America, the military presence in the harbor during the First World War, age of the great transatlantic liners and the dark period of 'convict' transportation to Australia can be visited anytime between 10:00 and 16:00. Repeat visits to the center will be permissible on the day of booking.
- Admission to the Titanic Trail Guided Walking Tour
- Signed copy of the Titanic Trail Cobh (Queenstown)
- Booklet by the author, Dr Michael Martin
- Admission to Queenstown Story Heritage Center