Scenic Tour & Lord of the Rings from Christchurch
Pickup includedPick-up and drop off is available from selected central Christchurch hotels. Provide your hotel details when booking and the local operator will advise your pick-up time, which may be earlier than the tour start time. After hotel pick-ups, the distinctive local operator tour bus (black Mercedes) will be parked and waiting alongside Canterbury Museum, Rolleston Ave Central Christchurch, near the corner of Worcester Blvd. until the scheduled departure time.
- Experience an optional, truly unique wagon ride at Erewhon Station, a genuine high country working sheep and cattle station
- See the magnificent southern alps of New Zealand with scenery stops including Middle Earth from the Lord of the Rings along the way
- Enjoy a tour with a lively, entertaining and highly knowledgeable tour guide
- Relax in a roomy Mercedes-Benz bus with free WiFi and extra-large high visibility windows for panoramic viewing
- Enjoy live entertainment including a traditional waiata, courtesy your hosts
As an option, be transported back in time while enjoying a nostalgic and comfortable wagon ride. Sit on the sprung wagon with rubber tires and lounge-type seats as you are pulled by a team of Clydesdale horses. Journey into the spectacular New Zealand back-country highlands. Enjoy braided rivers, green pastures, forests, deer, horses, sheep, hidden tracks, and absolutely remarkable mountain scenery - there's something different and amazing behind every turn.
Your tour is fully inclusive with pick-up provided from selected Christchurch city hotels, a special lunch, morning and afternoon tea, a wagon ride, luxury coach travel including onboard WIFI, and a lively, entertaining and highly knowledgeable tour guide who can relate all the history, myths and legends.
- Pickup and drop-off
- Experienced driver-guide
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Clydesdale wagon ride (optional)
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
• Pick-up can be arranged from selected Christchurch central city hotels. If pick-up is not available from your hotel, you can join the tour at a central meeting point alongside the Canterbury Museum on Rolleston Avenue near the corner of Worcester Blvd. Provide your hotel details when booking and the local operator will confirm your exact pick-up details after booking.