Christchurch: 30-Minute Punt on the River Avon
- Climb aboard an Edwardian flat-bottomed boat for a punt down the River Avon
- Travel through the rejuvenated Avon River Precinct in central Christchurch
- See native New Zealand plants from a unique perspective
- Learn how Christchurch has recovered from the 2010 and 2011 earthquakes
A punter dressed in Edwardian costume will guide you down the river, providing a live commentary along the way. From the Worcester street bridge landing site, discover how the city is fast-growing and how it rebuilt itself after the 2010 and 2011 earthquakes.
Take off from the Antigua boat sheds to journey through Hagley park. Punt alongside the Botanic gardens and admire some of the native flora of New Zealand. Blankets and hot water bottles are provided on cold days, so don't let the weather put you off!
- Punter and guide
- Live commentary
- Blankets, if required
Prepare for the activity
• Please notify the local supplier at least 24 hours in advance of any cancellation. If notification is not provided, a 25% cancellation fee will be charged to the booking agent. If no notification of cancellation is received within 2 hours of the departure time, or in the event of a no-show, no refund will be given