Christchurch: River Avon Punt and Botanic Gardens Combo
- Explore the Christchurch Botanic Gardens by electric vehicle
- See the magnificent floral displays and rose gardens
- Climb aboard an Edwardian flat-bottomed boat for a punt down the River Avon
- Hear a dedicated live commentary about New Zealand's "Garden City"
Climb aboard a classic, flat-bottomed boat for a delightful punt through the city center. Choose from 2 departure points, and venture through the city propelled by a boatman dressed in Edwardian costume. Set off from Worcester Street Bridge and listen to the live commentary about how the fast-growing city was rebuilt after the 2010 and 2011 earthquakes. Journey through Hagley Park from the Antigua Boat Sheds and travel alongside the Botanic Gardens to admire some of the native flora of New Zealand up close. Stay warm with the provided blankets and hot water bottles on cold days!
Get even closer to the plants of the Christchurch Botanic Gardens on a 1-hour guided tour by electric vehicle. Experience the natural beauty of the 150-year-old gardens at ease. See the finest range of exotic and indigenous plants found anywhere in New Zealand. Learn the history of this treasured oasis from a dedicated guide. Hear a live commentary about New Zealand’s “Garden City” as you encounter the scents and colors of its abundant flora.
- Punter and guide
- Live commentary
- Blankets and hot water bottles (if required)
- Ticket for the Christchurch Botanic Gardens
- Guided tour by electric vehicle
- Live commentary
Prepare for the activity
Start your adventure with a punt along the River Avon from the Antigua Boat Sheds, 2 Cambridge Terrace or begin with a tour of the Christchurch Botanic Gardens from Rolleston Avenue beside the Canterbury Museum.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please wear warm clothes
• Please note that this tour can be affected by the weather
• The local supplier reserves the right to cancel or postpone your tour for safety or comfort reasons
• Please note that you should be prepared to share your punt with other guests, especially in the summer months