Christchurch Pass (Tram, Gondola, Punting & Gardens Combo)
- Explore the sights of Christchurch by vintage tram
- Get off at sights such as the Canterbury Museum and Botanic Gardens
- Enjoy 360-degree views of Christchurch from a glass gondola
- Ride to the top of the hills for breathtaking views
- Travel through the Christchurch Botanic Gardens by electric vehicle
A punter dressed in Edwardian costume will guide you down the river, providing a live commentary along the way. From the Worcester Street Bridge landing site, discover how the city is fast-growing and how it rebuilt itself after the 2010 and 2011 earthquakes.
Take off from the Antigua Boat Sheds to journey through Hagley Park. Punt alongside the Botanic Gardens, and admire some of the native flora of New Zealand. Blankets and hot water bottles are provided on cold days, so don't let the weather put you off!
Take a ride on the Christchurch Gondola, and see the beautiful Alpine scenery surrounding Christchurch city and its suburbs. Marvel at the Southern Alps to the west, and the Kaikoura Mountains to the north. To the south lies the beautiful harbor of Christchurch, and to the east is the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy 360-degree views of the plains, mountains, city, and harbor from the glass-enclosed gondola.
Once at the summit, purchase souvenirs in the Shop at the Top, or go to the Red Rock Café for some refreshments. If you are feeling more energetic, take one of the many walking trails. Travel back in time at the Time Tunnel experience, and learn the development of the region. Hike to the Crater Rim, formed by the volcanic activity that created Port Hills.
With your pass, you can also climb aboard a vintage tram at your own pace with a full-day hop-on and hop-off ticket.
Travel through the regenerated city center to see innovative architecture, such as shopping complex made out of shipping containers. Listen to a fascinating commentary from your driver as you take a full circuit in just 50 minutes, or jump on and off at leisure at 17 strategic stops. The tram currently starts at Cathedral Junction and travels through Cathedral Square, before passing the River Avon. Jump off at the Re:Start Mall, or Canterbury Museum, just a short stroll from the Botanic Garden and Arts Center.
Tour the award-winning Christchurch Botanic Gardens by electric-powered vehicles, and experience the natural beauty of the 150-year-old gardens at ease. See the finest range of exotic and indigenous plants found anywhere in New Zealand and learn the history of this treasured city center oasis from a dedicated guide.
- Full-day ticket for the vintage tram
- On board commentary
- Ticket for the Christchurch Gondola & Time Tunnel ride
- Punting and guide
- Live commentary
- Blankets and hot water bottles (if required)
- Ticket for the Botanic Gardens
- Guided tour by electric vehicle
- Live commentary
Prepare for the activity
• Please note that the best times of the year to visit the Botanic Gardens are spring (September-November), or autumn (March-May). Please wear warm clothes
• Please note that this tour can be affected by the weather. The local supplier reserves the right to cancel or postpone your tour for safety or comfort reasons
• Please note that you should be prepared to share a Punting ride with other guests, especially in summer months. Exclusivity cannot be guaranteed