Christchurch: Packhorse Hut Guided Walk and Scenic Drive
Pickup optionalPickup is available from any accommodation within 3.5 kilometers of the Christchurch city center. Please be ready and waiting in the hotel lobby, your guide will meet you there. Your guide will be wearing a branded uniform and pick you up in a white branded car or minivan.
- Explore the most scenic track on the Banks Peninsula and Lyttleton Harbour
- Marvel at the panoramic views from the famous "Sign of the Kiwi" and "sign of the Bell bird" historic stone hut
- Enjoy lunch with your local guide at Packhorse Hut, overlooking Lyttleton Harbour
- Take a scenic drive over the Port Hills
After being collected from town, your tour travels up through the affluent suburbs of Cashmere. A short stop at "the Sign of the Tahakhe" is an excellent place to snap a picture overlooking Christchurch, before you drive up to the second stop at the Sign of the Kiwi.
Following the Sign of the Kiwi its a short drive along Summit Road to the Sign of the Bellbird, where your guide will provide morning tea. After morning tea your tour continues along the summit for another 15 minites before reaching Gebbies Pass.
An 11-kilometer hike will then comprise your return journey, during which you will stop at Packhorse Hut for lunch. After completing the walk the return journey follows the coastal road around Lyttleton Harbour, passing through the small settlement of Gavernors Bay before heading up over the port hills and back to Christchurch.
- Hotel pickup (if option chosen)
- Local guide
- Lunch, tea, and coffee
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Pickup from the Canterbury Museum is 9:00AM, please be ready and waiting. Your guide will meet you outside the main entrance to the Museum, they will be wearing a branded uniform and collect you in a white car or van.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• If this tour is unable to run because of bad weather, you will be given the option to either: swap your booking and do one of the other tours that depart Christchurch daily, choose another day to complete your tour, or receive a full refund