Christchurch: Guided Crater Rim Walk in Banks Peninsula
Pickup includedYour guide will park and come into the reception of your accommodation. They will be wearing a black top with the local partner's logo on it.
- Walk the Crater Rim Track surrounding the caldera of the ancient volcano
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch at a picturesque location
- Listen to stories and learn about the history of the area from your experienced local guide
- Visit many historical sites along the way
Begin your journey with pickup from your accommodation from your guide. On the drive to the site of the walk, listen to your guide's entertaining tales of the history of Christchurch and learn about the people who live here. Hot drinks will be provided at a local café as you prepare your hiking equipment with your guide, and receive a lunch box and refreshments before the walk commences.
On the walk, immerse yourself in the stunning natural surroundings of New Zealand and feel the refreshing wind in your hair. There are plenty of photo opportunities along the way, and the chance to hear more about the history of the area during your walk. Take a pause from the walk to enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch at a picturesque location, here the tour often stops at a little bay which can only be reached by foot or by boat. Marvel at the abundant local bird and marine life in the area while you enjoy your meal. After lunch, join your guide on the walk back to your transportation for a relaxing drive back to your accommodation in Christchurch.
- Return CBD hotel transfers
- Walking poles, day bag and complimentary water bottle
- Light morning refreshments and coffee/tea
- Gourmet lunch
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Comfortable clothes
• The local partner will be in contact with you via email the day before your walk with a weather report and any specifics for the day. Please ensure you provide up to date contact information
• The total trip duration is approximately 6 hours from hotel pick up to drop off. During this time you can expect 3-4 hours walking time, and to cover a distance of approximately 10 kilometers on foot
• There are four different walks available, your guide will choose the best walk for the day depending on the weather and track conditions