Christchurch Gondola Ride
- Enjoy 360-degree views of Christchurch from a glass gondola
- Ride to the top of Port Hills for breathtaking views of Alpine mountains
- Go to the Red Rock Café to experience authentic Kiwi flavors
- Hike to the Crater Rim at the summit of Port Hills
Marvel at the Southern Alps to the west, and the Kaikoura Mountains to the north. To the south lies the beautiful harbor of Christchurch, and to the east is the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy 360-degree views of the plains, mountains, city, and harbor from the glass-enclosed gondola.
At the summit, you can browse the souvenir shop or visit the cafe. Experience authentic Kiwi flavors as you take in the spectacular views. If you are feeling more energetic, explore one of the many walking trails like the hike to the Crater Rim. Travel back in time at the Time Tunnel experience to learn about the development of the region. The automated ride is a definite highlight with children and adults alike!
- Round-trip gondola ticket
- Complimentary Time Tunnel experience at the summit
- Transport to/from the attractions
Prepare for the activity
Christchurch Gondola Base Station, 10 Bridle Path Road, Heathcote Valley, Christhurch. The base station is located a 15-minute drive from the city center. A frequent shuttle bus service (at own small expense) runs between the city and base station several times a day or you can catch public bus #28 departing from the City Exchange, Lichfield Street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This activity does not include the Gondola Restaurant. Please make restaurant arrangements separately prior to your departure date
• A shuttle bus operates daily between the city centre and the gondola base station, you can purchase your return ticket from the driver on the day