Sintra: Castle of the Moors Fast Track Ticket
- Explore a fortification built in the 9th century
- Marvel at the ancient ruins and dense forest surroundings
- Save time and skip the line to get to the castle
- Visit one of the most popular tourist attractions of Sintra
- Admire the wonderful panoramic views over the hills of the Serra De Sintra
The 10th-century Moorish castle’s dizzying ramparts stretch across the mountain ridges and past moss-clad boulders the size of small buses. The best walking route here from Sintra-Vila is not along the main road but the quicker, partly off-road route via Rua Marechal Saldanha. The steep trail is around 2 km, but quiet and rewarding.
Once you reach the castle, the views over Sintra’s palace-dotted hill, across to the glittering Atlantic are breathtaking. Along the walkways, you can admire the unique landscape that in the foreground features Sintra town and its town hall, the Palace of Pena and the hills. In the background, admire the extensive plain running northwards and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Castle of the Moors Fast Track Ticket
- Transportation to the castle
Prepare for the activity
Castle of the Moors. To get to Castle of the Moors by car or public transportation. • If driving to Sintra, take the IC19 (from Lisbon), IC30 (from Mafra) or EN9 (turning off the A5 motorway to Cascais). When you arrive in the town’s historic centre, you’ll see a vertical sign showing the way to the Moorish Castle (3.5 km). GPS Coordinates 38º 47’ 24.25” N 9º 23’ 21.47” W. • By public transport from Lisbon to Sintra. By train (CP) take the Sintra Line. Departure stations: Estação do Oriente, Estação do Rossio, Estação de Entrecampos. • By public transport from Sintra to Castle of the Moors. By bus (Scotturb). Sintra Station, Pena Circuit From Sintra, take Scotturb bus No. 434, which runs from the railway station to the Moorish Castle.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Tickets are valid until 31st December 2020.
• Castle of the Moors is located in Sintra, about 30 kilometers from Lisbon. You can reach Sintra easily by taking the train from Lisbon.
• There is an online booking fee added to the ticket price.
• Opening Hours: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Last admission 5:00 PM.