Frascati Wine Road from Rome: Tasting & Lunch
- Experience rustic vineyard walks and wine tastings aplenty
- Enjoy a great lunch with more wine followed by free time for shopping and strolling
- Taste your way through Frascati shops and bakeries with a local sommelier and foodie guide
Transportation will be provided to the Old Frascati Vineyard, a historic and renowned family-owned winery that has been producing wine in the region for seven generations. Explore the grounds together, wandering amongst hand-tended vines, then look inside the 'secret' underground laboratories used to hide persecuted families during world war 2 and used today to store wine.
Follow with a guided tasting of each of the winery's products, including Frascati Superiore DOCG white wine, Vagnolo IGP red wine, and Frascati DOC White Wine. Savor the family's extra virgin olive oils paired with a selection of delicious breads.
Bid farewell to the winery and swap vineyards for lunch in a hand-picked trattoria featuring the very best cured meats, cheeses, oils, breads, and pasta, and of course - more wine. After lunch and an espresso, wave goodbye to your hosts and head back to Rome.
- Vineyard tour and wine tastings
- Free time in Frascati
- Full lunch
- Personal extras
- Round Trip train tickets from Rome (instructions for which will be provided at the time of booking)
Prepare for the activity
Your guide will be on the platform at Frascati Train Station as your train arrives from Rome at 10:19 AM. As you get off the train, remain on the platform — your guide will meet you there.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Sturdy, comfortable footwear advised
• Tour does not run on public holidays
• Activity level: easy
• Not wheelchair accessible
• You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity