From Casablanca: Private Day Tour to Marrakech
- Discover the highlights of the "Red City" of Marrakech
- Explore the medina and go to Jemaa el-Fnaa square
- Learn about the culture of sites such as the Palais de Bahia and Ben Youssef Madrasa college
- Relax in Yves Saint Laurent's beautiful Majorelle Garden
Stroll through the Jewish Quarter ("mellah), where you'll notice the difference in the architecture of the district. Discover the hidden Saadian tombs, built during the reign of Sultan Ahmad al-Mansur in 1557. Admire the Arab-Andalusian architecture of the Islamic college of Ben Youssef Madrasa, and go into some of the stores of the souk to purchase spices and Morocco's famous argan oil.
Arrive at the Koutoubia Mosque, completed under the reign of the Almohad Caliph Yaqub al-Mansur (1184–1199), before experiencing the electric atmosphere of Jemaa el-Fnaa, the busiest square and market place in Africa. Drink some freshly pressed orange juice as you watch the snake charmers, henna tattoo artists and water merchants.
Stop for a tasty lunch in a restaurant with a terrace overlooking Jemaa el-Fnaa square. Next, meet your chauffeur for the drive to Majorelle Garden, bought and restored by the French designer, Yves Saint Laurent. Benefit from about 1.5 hours of free time to explore the quiet oasis and villa that contains the Berber Museum. Stroll around the botanical gardens to see cacti and other plants, along with vibrant cobalt walls in a shade now known as "Majorelle Blue."
Meet your chauffeur for the drive back to your hotel in Casablanca, arriving at approximately 20:00.
- Private tour
- Local guide for the walking tour in the medina
- Pick-up and drop off at your accommodation
- Transportation by comfortable 4WD car, including fuel
- Lunch and drinks
- Entrance fees for monuments and museums
- Tips for your guide and driver
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes