Underground City and Ihlara Valley Tour
Pickup includedPick-up from your Cappadocia hotel.
- Learn about the natural history of Cappadocia and its unusual rock formations
- Visit the amazing Derinkuyu Underground City
- Hike through the Ihlara Valley
- Watch how onyx is shaped by a master craftsman
Learn how early Christians carved churches from the rock on a 3.5-kilometer hike through the Ihlara Valley, and pause for lunch at a riverside restaurant. Next, get stunning views of the conical fairy chimneys in Yaprakhisar. Visit the rock-carved Selime Monastery and learn about monastic life in Cappadocia. Continue to Pigeon Valley to learn how the locals have used pigeon eggs and droppings for different purposes and why they carved pigeon houses on the slopes of the valley.
End with a visit to an onyx factory in Uçhisar and watch a demonstration about how volcanic stone is shaped by a master craftsman.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- English-speaking guide
- Museum entrance ticket
- Tips for the guide and driver
- International flights