Cape Town: 2-Hour Table Mountain Hike via Platteklip Gorge
- Enjoy views of Cape Town and the V&A Waterfront from Table Mountain
- Explore a World Heritage Site as you hike in Platteklip Gorge
- Choose an optional cable car ride back down the mountain
- Capture panoramic views of Table Bay
The trail begins just past the lower cableway station on Tafelberg Road. This was the first route that explorers used to summit the mountain, way before the cableway was built.
Enjoy panoramic views from the path to the top. This is definitely the best way for those who do not like heights and climbing to conquer the mountain.
There is an option of taking the cable car down (additional fee).
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Light snack
- Cable car fees
- Children under 10 years
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Sandals or flip flops
• Please make known if you have a fear of heights or any health conditions that hiking will aggravate
• This hike is not suitable for children under the age of 10
• Please note times can change slightly on your guide’s expert advice
• Your guide will contact you the day before with specific details; please keep your phone active