From Cape Town: Winelands and Whale Coast 2-Day Tour
Pickup includedYour hotel or preferred location in Cape Town.
- Visit the most southern tip of Africa, Cape Agulhas
- See southern right whales during breeding season
- Hike along the Hermanus cliff paths amongst fragrant fynbos, stopping to marvel over the crashing waves below
- Meet cute resident penguins at Betty's Bay
- Taste local wines in Stellenbosch Winelands
Surprise your taste buds with a wine and food pairing, featuring delicious home-made chocolate and local biltong. With the fragrance of fine wines lingering on your palate, you’ll have time to explore the charming streets of Franschhoek, dotted with restaurants, cafés, galleries and quaint shops before taking in the views of the mountainous Overberg region as you travel to Cape Agulhas. Overnight in Cape Agulhas - choose between: Cape Agulhas Backpackers or 3-star Mermaid guest house.
Day 2 is just as exciting with the opportunity to see the "marine big 5": whales, dolphins, seals, penguins and sharks. Either choose to head to the ocean as you glide across the big blue and spot the abundant marine wildlife in a sea kayak or optional whale watching cruise (during whale breeding season June to November).
Then, walk the cliffs of Hermanus as you continue the search for the southern right whale and its hefty counterparts during whale season. The next stop are the boardwalks of the Stony Point Reserve in Betty’s Bay, home to one of the largest successful breeding colonies of African penguin in the world. Finally, a delight for the senses as you drive along Clarence Drive, with dramatic twists along steep mountainside, the perfect vantage point to view the vast False Bay. On a clear day, you can even see waves crashing on the tips of the Cape Peninsula.
- Round-trip transfer from/to accommodation in Cape Town areas
- Transport in luxury minivan to tour highlights
- Accommodation for 1 night - as per package selected
- Qualified English-speaking tour guide
- Wine tastings with chocolate pairing
- Penguin Reserve entry fee
- 1 x breakfast
- Lunch, dinner, and drinks
- Personal insurance
- Wine tastings with biltong pairing
- Optional sea kayak (±R400 per person) or whale watching cruise (±R800 per person)
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
• Optional activities are subject to weather conditions and can only be booked and paid for on the tour
• Complimentary transfers will pick you up and drop you off at your preferred pick-up address in and around Cape Town within a 10 kilometer radius of the CBD
• Pick-up time is between 6:00 AM and 8:00 AM on the morning of departure
• An email will be sent confirming the exact pick-up time a day before the tour departs
• Double and twin rooms require a minimum and maximum of 2 customers per room