From Cairo: Private Full-Day Tour of Historical Alexandria
Pickup includedAt 7:00 AM your guide will wait in your hotel lobby, holding a sign with the local provider's company name.
- Discover the main attractions of ancient Alexandria including the Roman Theatre and the Catacombs of Kom el Shaqafa
- Stroll the ramparts of the 15th-century Qaitbay Citadel
- Benefit from informative and professional Egyptologist guides
- Relax with comfortable air-conditioned transfers
Begin the journey with a visit to the Roman theater in Kom El-Deka; a marble theater that once seated 800 spectators with galleries, sections of mosaic flooring, and a pleasure garden, all surrounded by Roman baths and villas.
Continuing, explore the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa; the necropolis of 3 sub-levels dating from the 2nd century AD merges aspects of Egyptian, Greek, and Roman culture in its features. See the Roman triclinium – a banquet hall to honor the dead, as well as statues, reliefs, and a pillared lobby featuring depictions of Egyptian gods in Roman armor.
See the site of the Alexandria Library. Concluding the tour, walk the ramparts of the 15th century Qaitbay Citadel, built upon the ruins of the ancient Alexandria Lighthouse. End this day of discovery with a relaxed evening drive back to Cairo, and your hotel.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned deluxe van
- English Speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (without drinks)
- Bottled water
- Taxes and service charges
- Personal expenses