Reef, Rainforest & Outback 3-Day Tour Combo from Cairns
- Spot Australian wildlife and feed wallabies
- Explore the historical town of Chillagoe and the limestone caves
- Snorkel in two locations on the Great Barrier Reef
- Visit the world-heritage listed Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation
- Drive along the coast on a scenic coastal roadway
On day two discover the amazing biodiversity of the Wet Tropics of Queensland! Drive north along the scenic route to Cape Tribulation. Observe the rainforest along elevated boardwalks on a guided nature hike and cruise through the World Heritage-listed Daintree River with morning tea. Relax and learn about Estuarine Crocodiles, mangrove forests and wildlife - this is nature at its best! At a tranquil lunch site nearby, enjoy a traditional Aussie barbecue lunch with grilled meat and homemade salads. Hand feed wallabies, swim at Emmagen Creek and taste-test local tropical fruit, a cup of Billy Tea and damper. Enjoy a leisurely afternoon walking and exploring Cape Tribulation beach. Taste local ice-cream and enjoy the relaxing journey home.
On day 3 travel from Cairns by 4WD vehicle with a naturalist guide who has extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture, with a maximum of 16 participants. Ascend the McAllister Ranges and the Great Dividing Range as you explore the Australian Outback. Travel through historical towns and rolling hills rich in minerals eventually giving way to towering limestone karsts scattered around Chillagoe. See fossilized remains of the ancient coral reefs with hidden limestone labyrinths. Millions of years in the making, the limestone formations are nothing short of spectacular. Your guide will delve into the history of the copper smelters, whose old chimneys dominate the western horizon, experience Aboriginal Rock Art and the Balancing Rock. Enjoy an Aussie pub lunch, souvenir shopping.
- Lunch each day
- Pick up and drop off for Daintree and Chillagoe trips only
- The reef trip does not include a pick-up
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• A reasonable level of fitness is required for this tour as there are steps into the caves and
• The tour may be canceled or the itinerary changed due to the wet season
• Please bring a towel and swimsuit, camera, sunscreen, hat, insect repellant and cash for drinks
You might also like...
Product ID: 160166