Cairns: Green Island & Reef Full-Day Sailing Cruise
- Snorkel along an exclusive reef site straight off the boat
- Enjoy a complimentary snorkeling tour with a marine naturalist
- Relax on the beach on Green Island or enjoy some of the island’s activities
Reef Fleet Terminal
Green Island (free time, swimming, snorkeling)
Wine, dessert, cheese tasting
Reef Fleet Terminal
Once all guests have boarded (maximum of 25 persons), the boat pulls away from the dock and the sails are hoisted. You can lend a hand or just relax and watch.
Enjoy the journey as your full-day program begins and Cairns disappears in the distance. Within 2 hours, arrive at the exclusive Great Barrier Reef mooring that’s just 1km off Green Island.
From there, Pinnacle Reef awaits, and it’s just a step off the boat. After a snorkeling briefing, you’ll receive full snorkeling equipment, including a wet suit or lycra suit and snorkeling jacket. You’ll be assisted as necessary for the first snorkeling adventure of the day.
Pinnacle Reef is a coral garden featuring several outcrops coming up from 10-12m to just under 1m for easy viewing. Expect to see hard and soft corals and numerous schools of colorful reef fish meandering through the coral garden.
Stingrays, turtles and black-tipped reef sharks (very shy and perfectly safe) are also a common sight. The crew will conduct many small, personal snorkeling tours that can be enjoyed throughout the day. You can snorkel with your buddy if you prefer.
Enjoy a personal first dive (optional extra and subject to having no contraindicated medical conditions) with just 2 divers per instructor. No previous experience is required (minimum age 12 years). If you are a certified diver, expect a small group with a complimentary dive guide. This tour is great for conservative diving (maximum depth 10-12m) but not if you are expecting a deeper water or drift dive.
After a morning of snorkeling and/or diving at this exclusive site, you’ll enjoy a large smorgasbord lunch back on board the boat. Feast on fresh Tasmanian salmon, prawns, mixed meats, chicken and 3 different salads!
Enjoy some land time on Green Island and relax on the beach or enjoy island activities (not included in the tour price). The short transfers to the island are by dinghy.
You can opt to enjoy a cocktail at the island’s resort, walk across the island along an interpretative trail, or visit Marine Land Melanesia where you can see crocodiles (in captivity) and other marine life. Glass bottom boat tours and semi-submersible tours are also available. If you are interested in any of these optional island extras, inform the skipper when boarding the boat in the morning so that they can be booked. Note that the cost of these options are payable directly to the island operators on the day.
You’ll have 4.5 hours to enjoy the reef and island, and how you divide your time between the reef and the island is up to you. Some opt to spend all day on the reef.
After a day of reef and island activities, set sail for the return trip. Enjoy fresh fruit, cheese and crackers, a glass of wine and finally, a piece of cake to end on a sweet note.
You’ll arrive back in Cairns at around 17:00-17:15.
- Snorkeling instruction and in-water assistance as required
- Top-quality snorkeling gear including wetsuits, lycra suits and buoyancy vests
- Diving equipment (for diving included options)
- Snorkeling tours with marine naturalist
- 1 or 2 scuba dives (depending on option selected)
- Coffee, tea, fresh fruit and Danish pastries on boarding
- Coffee and tea throughout the day once moored
- Fish feed
- Large smorgasbord lunch
- Transfers to and from Green Island beach
- True sailing experience on return journey
- Tropical afternoon tea: platters of fresh fruit, cheese and crackers, cake
- Glass of wine
- 20 emc/port/administration fees per person, which can be paid directly at check-in
- Island activities (glass bottom boat/semi sub: inform skipper on boarding and pay directly on the island)
- Underwater cameras
- A range of merchandise (available for purchase)
Prepare for the activity
• Introductory dives are available for guests with no previous experience of scuba diving
• Certified dives are available for guests with scuba diving certification