Cairns: Atherton Tablelands Boutique Food and Wine Adventure
Pickup includedPick-up possible from all vacation accommodations in and around Cairns.
- Explore the Atherton Tablelands and discover the tropical food bowl of the north
- Eat and drink all day from tropical fruits to homemade chocolates, cheese and coffee
- Escape Cairns on a boutique wine and food adventure
- Encounter native Australian wildlife and friendly farm animals
Arrive in the historic village of Atherton for a tasting and shopping treat at “The Humpy,” the best place to go for freshly harvested produce straight from the growers. Marvel at the array of vegetables, tropical fruits and hundreds of varieties of nuts, dried fruits and locally produced jams and sauces. Enjoy some seasonal fruits and different hot peanuts and macadamia nuts, and get some time to browse to make any purchases.
Continue to the Mount Uncle distillery to taste some of their award-winning liqueurs and spirits, and sample their new boutique beer before a delicious lunch of local produce with more beer or a glass of wine. Wander around the stunning property nestled in coffee and banana plantations and meet the friendly animals.
Venture down a secret bush track to De Bruey's Boutique Wines on a mango orchard between the peaks of the Great Dividing Range. Learn how they make high quality wines from tropical fruits and sample 15 different tropical fruit wines, liqueurs, cream liqueurs and ports!
Move on to the Jacques Family coffee plantation and get an insight into the finer details of coffee, from the tree to the cup, in the air-conditioned theater. Stroll through the coffee bushes and gardens, and end with a cup of Jacques coffee made just as you like it and served with homemade scones with jam and cream. Head to The Rainforest Retreat to watch the sun go down as you sip some Queensland wines and beers or dip your toes in a beautiful mountain stream before heading back to Cairns.
- Pick-up and drop off at your accommodation in Cairns
- All tastings
- Lunch and beverages (alcoholic and soft drinks)
- Live commentary
- Additional purchases of any goodies sampled
- Children under 18 years
Prepare for the activity
• Dietary requirements can be catered for