New York Times Journeys: Brooklyn Dumbo Tour with Tastings
- See the famous Brooklyn Bridge as you ride the ferry from Wall St. to Brooklyn
- Take in the amazing views of Manhattan from the beautiful new Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Hear amazing stories of Brooklyn’s history as a booming industrial city and its transformation into a mixed-use hub for retail, tech, arts, and more
- Taste something delicious from one of Dumbo’s artisan food shops
- Meet a local artist in their private studio in one of NYC's most vibrant neighborhoods
- Pour your own beer at Randolph Brewing (beer not included)
Walk through Brooklyn Bridge Park to learn how the waterfront changed from a source of food to a thriving industrial area and what it is today: a beautiful park for recreation and home to modern businesses. Then you'll take in the panorama of Manhattan from a secret viewpoint.
Walk down the old cobblestone streets to the old warehouses and factories that have been converted into lofts, restaurants and art galleries. Meet a manager of Powerhouse Arena to talk about the community activities that happen here, before stopping for a brew at the Brooklyn Roasting Company to learn their history and the neighborhood’s past.
Get an exclusive peek into a local artist's studio to see their work and learn their process, before heading to Randolph Beer where you can pull your own beer from the tap.
- Local English-speaking guide
- One pastry or a coffee
- Ferry ticket
Prepare for the activity
• Please allow plenty of time to reach the meeting point, as any delays would cause the entire group to miss the ferry
• It's not guaranteed that your guide will wait for late arrivals
• Vegetarians and other dietary requirements can be accommodated; please notify the local partner in advance if you have any dietary requests