From Bournemouth: Jurassic Coast & Isle of Purbeck Day Tour
- Visit the Jurassic Coast, England's only Natural Wold Heritage Site
- Take the early morning ferry from Sandbanks to the Isle of Purbeck
- Cliff top walk around Durlston Country Park in Swanage
- Explore the pretty village and ruins of Corfe Castle
- Spend the afternoon at Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door
By mid morning you will arrive at Durlston Country Park. Visit the brand new Jurassic Coast visitor center housed in the recently refurbished Durlston Castle. There’s time for a morning coffee stop overlooking the famous Great Globe and a chance to take the cliff top walk along to Tilly Whim Caves and the Anvil Point Lighthouse. For every visitor brought to Durlston Country Park, a contribution towards a bursary that helps to support their volunteer programme is made.
Heading west drive through some of the tiny lanes and villages that give Purbeck its unique character. Take lunch in the village of Corfe Castle, dominated by the ruins that give it its name. Entrance to the castle itself not included (Free to NT members).
After lunch take a gentle drive along the coast taking in more stunning scenery as you head for an afternoon at Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door. Walk down to Man o’ War Rocks and view the magnificent rock arch of Durdle Door, hewn from the Portland limestone beds.
Finally, head down to Lulworth Cove and see the famous Lulworth Crumple rock formation in Stair Hole.
- Small group tour with a driver/guide
- All parking and tolls
- Meals and drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- High-heeled shoes