Walk through history along the Boston Freedom Trail's famous red line to experience some of the most seminal landmarks of America's revolutionary founding. Walk in the footsteps of the founding fathers to and from Faneuil Hall and Boston Common.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Printed voucher required
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
What customers loved
"We enjoyed the different things he said that were contrary to historical myths."
"Enjoyed learning the history of Boston and the humor of our tour guide "Henry Knox""
"Clarification of what really happened regarding the history in Boston"
"Learning with an enjoyable amount of fun!"
- See Boston Common, America's first public park
- Pay respects to the victims at the Boston Massacre site
- Visit the Granary Burying Ground, the final resting place of Paul Revere
- See the site of the oldest public school in the United States
- Walking tours include 11 of the 16 official Freedom Trail historic sites
- 18th-century costumed guides
- Local taxes and fees
- Entrance to Freedom Trail sites that charge admission fees (Old South Meeting House, Old State House, Old North Church, and Paul Revere House, where you can buy tickets at the door)
- Optional gratuities
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Video recording
Know before you go
- Walking tours leave every hour on the hour on a daily basis from Boston Common Visitor Information Center, and every hour on the half-hour on a daily basis from the ArtsBoston booth at Faneuil Hall.
- There is no need to specify a date/time. With your ticket, you are guaranteed a spot on one of the Freedom Trail Foundation tours any date any time.
- Tickets must be printed in order to be accepted; sorry no mobile (phone/laptop) tickets are accepted at this time. If you cannot make the tour on your designated day, every effort will be made to accommodate you on an alternate date.
- Tour times are subject to change with little notice.